Au Group Electronics "3-in-1 Mini-lab"(part #: ML-3IN1) or "2-in-1 Mini-lab" (part #: ML-2IN1) is a handy, low cost tool capable of programming, debugging and testing Flash-based PIC Microcontroller, KEELOQ HCS, MCP250xx and EEPROMs. It can connect SMD or through hole chips with multiple programmers (e.g. Au Group Electronics BB0703, BB0703+, microchip PICkit2, ICD2, ICD3, RealICE, etc.) via a "6-pin ICSP header" or a "RJ12 socket". Both SOIC-SMD (up to 28 pin) packaged and through-hole packaged (DIP 8, 14, 18, 20, 28, 40) integrated circuits are supported. It also provides lab-test circuits for on-board voltage regulator (+5V, +3.3V, +2.5V), pull-up circuit, pull-down circuit, cap connection, bidirectional voltage-level translator, and LEDs.
• Dimension: 3.93"L x 3.13"W x 1"H (100mm x 80 x 25 mm)
• Power supply connector: Ø2.1mm, 9V input, positive center
• On-board voltage supply: 5V, 3.3V, 2.5V, 100 mA max capability
• Dual bidirectional I2C/SMBus voltage-level translator
• RJ12 6P6C socket - compatible with BB0703/BB0703+(s), ICD2/ICD3/RealICE etc.
• 6-pin ICSP header: compatible with Microchip PICkit 2
• mini-lab circuits: 6-LEDs, 3 Pull-up, 2 pull-down, 1 capacitor for debugging/testing
• SOIC socket – compatible with any Gull Wing JEDEC device sizes in 0.300" body widths up to 28-pin
• DIP ZIF socket - compatible with most 8, 14, 18, 20, 28, and 40-pin PIC microcontrollers or other type of semiconductor chips in DIP packages (0.300-0.600" body widths)
• Power Led will illuminate whenever programming activity occurs on the board
• Jump wire technology guarantee never worry about pin compatibility for future PIC chips
• 12 pieces jumper wires included and extra jumper wires can be ordered separately.
The 3-in-1 mini-Lab composed of all components for DIP chip programming, SMD chip programming, and mini-lab test circuits (such as: power jacket, 5V/3.3V/2.5V circuits, I2C voltage-level translator, ICSP header, RJ12 socket, connectors to 28-pin /40-pin sockets, 6 LEDs, pull-up/down circuits, etc). The major components and connectors are illustrated in figure 2.
Power Supply: (J5)
A positive center power jacket J5 (compatible with wall mount power supply PWR-912V-CP) is used for external power supply (+9 volt, 100 mA), the external power supply is regulated to +5V, +3.3V, and +2.5V (J6).
RJ12 6P6C socket (J1) and 6-pin ICSP header (J2)
• 2 type of ICSP connectors are included: "RJ12 6P6C socket (J1)" and "6-pin ICSP header (J2)", they can be easily connected with most common programmer, e.g. BB0703, BB0703+ (s), PICKit2, ICD2, ICD3, RealICE, etc.
• A "RJ12 6-pin reverse cable (CBL-RJ12-RVS)" is required for BB0703 and BB0703+(s).
• A "RJ12 6-pin standard cable (CBL-RJ12-STD)" is required for Microchip ICD2, ICD3, and RealICE
• The 6-pin ICSP header can connect directly with microchip PICkit 2
• J1 and J2 are connected to each other and each have 3 rows of 6-pin header for jumper wires
40-pin DIP ZIF socket (Z1) and / or 28-pin SOIC socket (Z2)
The 40-pin DIP ZIF socket (Z1) and 28-pin SOIC socket (Z2) shared same six header connectors (from JZ-1 to JZ-6). The pin numbering of JZ1 to JZ6 is illustrated in figure 3.
• DIP Zero-Insertion-Force (ZIF) socket supports DIP packages up to 40-pin
• DIP ZIF: Accepts 0.300" to 0.600" center DIP devices
• DIP ZIF: Accepts leads: 0.015 – 0.045 wide, 0.110-0.280 long
• DIP ZIF: Standard handle on right, down is on
• DIP ZIF: Pin 1 is identified at the position close to handle
• SOIC Zero-Insertion-Force (ZIF) socket supports SOIC packages up to 28-pin
• SOIC ZIF: supports Gull Wing JEDEC device sizes in 0.300" (7.62mm) body widths
• SOIC ZIF: Tweezers slot for easy manual loading/unloading
• SOIC ZIF: Lid can be actuated from top or side
• SOIC ZIF: Pin 1 is identified at the top-left corner (Figure 2)
Other Header Definitions
The function name of each header pin is defined in the table below:
To meet various customer requirements, for those customers who only need the capability of handling through-hole components, Au Group Electronics also developed a 2-in-1 mini-Lab, it has all the same feature as 3-in-1 mini-Lab that states above but the exception of the 28-pin SOIC ZIF socket not provided on board.